Saturday, October 20

So what have we been up to?

It has been quite awhile since I have updated and we have been crazy busy!  So what have we been up to?

Well we had a nice overnight stay in the hospital with the little miss the last week in September.

It all started with an upper respiratory infection that we couldn't clear up which lead to insanely enlarged tonsils that were restricting her airway.  So after 10 days of steroid, we are scheduled for an adnoidectomy and tonsilectomy on November 1st.  We are trying extremely hard right now to keep Ella Kate well and not let her catch any other illnesses before that so we don't risk pushing surgery off any longer.  Since Ella is only 2 we will be having our second hospital stay in conjunction with surgery which I am glad about.  Helps to have a little extra help from nurses that first night and allow them to pump her full of fluids to help avoid dehydration!

The same week Ella Kate ended up in the hospital, Keith and I were scheduled to jet off for our 5 year anniversary trip to Las Vegas!

We contemplated for quite awhile whether or not we were going to go with just having had EK in the hospital but away we went and after a 3 hour delay thanks to American Airlines slow down we finally arrived and had a great 4 day get away!  I have lots of pictures from our trip so I will post those separately.

Keith and I have both also been extremely busy with work these past 2 months.  Keith's fields in North Dakota have luckily started slowing down which will allow him to stay around this area for a bit and to be home for the big surgery in November.  We have just started with recruitment season at the hospital for both residents and faculty so it doesn't look like things will slow down for me anytime soon.  I feel like its Sorority Recruitment time all over again except instead of just a week this will go on until Mid-January!  I just hope my sanity makes it out alive!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment