Thursday, March 12

Brr... It's Cold In Here

So the temp has dropped to a mere 35 degrees and it is just not pretty anymore! Such a bummer. We are expecting more rain again today and that just makes the weather even yuckier. Oh well... guess I will continue to work from the confines of my living room and try to force myself to go to spin class at noon.

We went to church last night and it was great. They had two guys speak about their venture in faith and they were both great speakers. One was how he had always known god was with him during life, but never let him really in until he had to spend 18 months in jail for DUI. He hasn't had a sip of alcohol since. The other was a 24 year old that at 18 crashed his skateboard at 35 mph and was told that he shouldn't have lived, he put a 4 inch crack in his skull. After 2 weeks he was out of the hospital and was fine. He said after awhile, about a year, he remembered feeling Jesus with him during that day and how the pain seemed to just go away. Amazing stories, and amazing people.

I whipped up an interesting recipe last night and it actually came out great. I had some shrimp that had to be cooked and some asparagus and decided to throw together a little Shrimp and Asparagus fried rice. I figured if I steamed the asparagus a little and then added while I was stir-frying the shrimp it would all have the same flavors. I have to say my cooking has really improved! Keith actually enjoyed it! I will post the recipe in a separate post.

Still no news on the job hunt. Just still submitting resumes and praying about it. I know that it will all work out in the end... hopefully something comes up before my time with my current job is over. Just so frustrating... I hate job searching!

Guess I better go do some work for my current job while I have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment