Monday, June 15

Yeah I know it has been awhile...

But I have not had much to say and not much has been going on so I figured I would wait. But now after a fun filled weekend, I actually have something to post about!
We spent the weekend at my parents in Houston and we picked the perfect weekend to go as it was also Keith's cousin Brad's birthday, so we were able to see some of Keith's family while we were there which was nice!
So our weekend started off going here
and for those of you not from Houston or who have never visited, this is Star Pizza which has some of the best pizza ever! My parents are lucky enough to live within walking distance which is really nice when you want that pizza fix! We followed up our dinner with a visit to one of our favorite places, Houston's Laff Stop with some friends for Brad's birthday. We saw comedian Greg Warren who was wonderful! I don't think I have seen a funnier show there and we go just about every time we are in Houston.
Of course on Saturday Mom and I had to take a little shopping excursion, and though we were not successful at buying anything, we did have a good time. Since we were as close to Louisiana as it looks like we are going to get this summer, we decided to eat lunch at one of the best "cajun" restaurants in Houston.
MMM.... I can still taste the great gumbo (yes I ate gumbo even though it was 100 degrees outside. I have to eat it when I can get my hands on it!!!)
Saturday evening we went to a BBQ for Brad's birthday and to watch the LSU game (Go Tigers!!! Game 2 for them in the College World Series is tonight!) We had a lot of fun which was just topped off by LSU winning their first game. Here are a few pictures from that night.
Brad's Barney Birthday Cake cause his wife Courtney is nuts and thought it was funny!
Brad and Courtney's little boy, Easton, checking out his Uncle Keith.

Uncle Keith playing with Easton... sorry it's blurry, they wouldn't stay still long enough!

And this is what you get when you ask Easton to smile... he is such a Ham!

The birthday boy blowing out his candles!

Well that was our weekend! I love it so much that my parents are only 3 short hours away! Tomorrow I am headed to Dallas to see the nephew and I can't wait! My SIL is in Dallas for a conference and luckily brought the little guy with her so I could see him! Oh I can't wait!!! I have my fingers crossed that Keith will be off too so that he can see him! I should have lots more pictures to post on Wed when I am back!

No comments:

Post a Comment