Friday, June 11

Baby Update... 27 Weeks

Well today I had a follow up ultrasound after the episode at 25 weeks. Here are just a few pictures.
This is me this morning taking my 27 week picture. I would like to say that currently I have only gained 11 lbs (which my doctor did get on me just a little... but hey when you eat like a 300 lb man and only gain 11 lbs even when stuck on the couch for 10 days there isn't much you can do... I like to say VERY ACTIVE Ella Kate burns off all my calories) and I am pretty impressed that I have gained most of it in the front. I really thought I was just going to blow up like a balloon so thank god for the good genes!
And here is my beautiful baby girl's profile. It took some major coaxing from the ultrasound tech to get her to move her hands away from her face, but we finally got lucky! Besides her 11 week ultrasound, this is the only profile picture we have. She is pretty camera shy! I have to say that we are pretty sure she has Keith's button nose (Lucky Girl)! She was even puckering her lips while we watched her.
These pictures arent very clear, but they are frontals of her face. You can see the eye sockets and her nose and you can kind of make out that her hands are resting under her chin. She just loves those hands all on her face!

The ultrasound tech said everything looked good. I had plenty of amniotic fluid and babies growth looks great. Her head is a little small for her gestational age (though if you go by my original due date that we calculated of Sept 11th it is actually right on) and her arms, legs, and spine are about a week ahead of her age (though that doesn't surprise anyone). No wonder they had a hard time figuring a due date! Sounds like if she keeps this up she will come out a lot like I did as a baby... long and lean and all fingers and toes!
I have one more follow up appointment next Friday when they will also do my glucose screening. If all is well at that check up then the Dr. will just let me move forward as normal so keep your fingers crossed. I also have my first baby shower next Thursday and I am sooo excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment