Monday, June 7

Ella Kate's Room! The Inspiration...

So as I mentioned, Keith has been hard at work prepping Ella Kate's room for her arrival and I just wanted to share a bit of the inspiration before I show finished product pictures (whenever it is done!).
Here is the furniture we went with. It is made by Creations baby furniture and is the style Nouvella and we purchased it in their Autumn Cherry. We got a great deal on it thanks to the baby boutique actually having all the pieces we wanted in stock!
Picking baby bedding was by far the hardest thing for me in the world! We ended up doing a custom bedding from Rocking Horse Designs. I used their Piper collection (pictured above) as my inspiration. I loved the fabrics of their original Piper, but it was just too much brown for me so I decided to lighten it up with more white! I love how it came out, but will have to wait to post pictures once it is on the bed.
For the walls we decided to do 3 of them a bright white, but have decided on an accent wall of Sherwin Williams Melange Green behind the crib. I figured the three walls of white would work becuase of the large furniture pieces we have and the large window in her room. I think the splash of lime on wall will work out just right!
Hanging above her crib will be a 12x36 painting of her name inspired by the fabrics from the bedding below. I had a friend from highschool do the painting and highly anticipating it's arrival. She is selling her stuff on etsy, so you can check her out here.


One last inspiration for her room came from my days in Delta Zeta. I collected so many stuffed turtles and turtle knickknacks during my four years in the sorority that I decided I should probably bring a few of them out of storage. Plus I figure the little green accents would add to the room and help to bring the green out of the bedding.
I am hoping to have the room complete within the next week or two and then I will share the completed design!

No comments:

Post a Comment