Saturday, August 13

Visit with the Nephew!

This past week my SIL was in Dallas for a conference so we decided to go and spend the day with Austin while she was busy in class.  Since it has been about 100 degress plus for the past month here we tried to think of something fun for a 2 1/2 year old and an almost 1 year old to do.  We decided a trip to the Dallas World Aquarium was in order.  Unfortunately since I am so great at remembering to use my camera while we are out and about there are no pictures from our time at the aquarium.  It was so much fun having Austin tell me all the colors of all the animals and even telling me what some of them were.  Ella really loved sitting in her stroller and pointing to all of the animals she could see.  Austin's favorite was the Jaguar (or as he said 'that thing that looks like a Cheetah).  Ella's favorite was probably the Manatee - the biggest thing she could see haha!

After our trip to the aquarium and some lunch in the West End at Sonny's BBQ we went and spent our afternoon hanging out at the hotel.  Here are a few pictures:
 I told my mom I would try and get a picture of her two grandchildren together.  This unfortunately is the best I could do.  Austin was all about sitting next to Ella and posing, but Ella really didn't want to sit still no matter what toy Austin tried to give her (you see how she ended up with her food bowl).

Austin was so great with Ella the whole time.  He shared all his toys with her and even some of his snack.  I told him that Ella couldn't have blueberries which he happened to be eating so each time he went to eat one he would say 'Ella, you can't have these' which I just thought was so funny.  That kid seems to remember everything!
Austin hamming it up for the camera - as I said he was all about taking some pictures!  It is amazing how much he has grown just since we saw him in May!  I can't wait to see what it is going to be like at Christmas time.
Here is the 2nd best picture I got of the two of them.  Don't they look like they are in time out!

Unfortunately it was only a one day trip to visit.  I sure could have stayed and hung out with the little man for many more days!  I guess that will have to wait until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment