Tuesday, June 19

David and Lauren's Wedding

We have just gotten back from 9 days of traveling and vacation and let me just say we are all exhausted!  Ella Kate is working into hour 3 of naptime - kid missed her bed - and Keith and I are trying to catch up on all kinds of stuff before we have to head back to work, but I decided to take a few minutes and do a little posting.

Our trip started off with Keith's brother getting married on June 9th in Opelousas, LA (where Lauren is from) and it was a beautiful wedding!  We started Friday night with a rehearsal dinner at The French Press in downtown Lafayette and let me just say that the food definitely lived up to all of the Southern Living hype!  The food was amazing and the staff was wonderful to us!  I wish I had some pictures, but we were all too busy entertaining the little miss to have time to do that.

Saturday was the wedding and even though there was a torrential downpour about 20 minutes prior to the wedding when everyone was loading up it all went off wonderfully.  The ceremony was held at St. Landry Catholic Church and let me just say those catholics know how to build a church!  It was absolutely gorgeous and perfect for a southern night wedding!  The reception was held at Indian Hills Country Club and thanks to Lauren and her creative mother the place looked fabulous!

Now for the pictures!

The bride and groom for their first dance!  They both looked beyond thrilled to become husband and wife! 

When David and Lauren asked Ella Kate to be their flower girl I don't think that they thought she would just bust on into their bride and groom dance but oh she did!  What can I say my child is a dancing fool and she loves to be the center of attention.  That child didn't leave the dance floor until she was about to pass out from exhaustion! 

The bridal party and the most amazing cake ever! 

My little dancing queen!

The boys were in rare form that night including my husband.  Let's just say there might have been a choreographed dance that the groomsmen performed!

Congrats Lauren and David and thanks for letting us be a part of your special day! 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: