Saturday, December 8

Thanksgiving 2012

As usual I am behind on posting so bare with me as I try and catch up!

For Thanksgiving this year it was my turn to host my family here in Tyler and it was so great to not have to do any traveling.  We started the week with Keith's parents stopping in on their way to Keith's brother's house in Lubbock and finished it with my parents, brother, SIL, and Austin arriving on Wednesday to spend the rest of the week here with us.  It was great to have so many family members in and out all week but boy were we all exhausted once everyone was gone!

We started our Thanksgiving off running the Turkey Trot, a 5K that a local gym holds in honor of the Boys and Girls Club.  I don't know what possessed me to decide that I wanted to run a 5K on Thanksgiving morning and how it is that people actually agreed to run it with me but it really was a great way to start off a Holiday of pure indulgence. 

I convinced my dad and SIL to run it with me and after training for 10 weeks, I finally can say that I have run a 5K.  Now it took me close to 36 minutes to complete but who cares... I ran a 5K!  Now I have no plans to do it again anytime soon but who knows maybe I will do it again one day.  I really enjoy running... but only during the months of September - November and March - May when its about 75-85 and pretty outside.

We had a great rest of Thanksgiving day which of course involved a huge lunch where all of us ate way too much but isn't that what you are supposed to do for Thanksgiving?

My two favorite munchkins in the world enjoyed lunch just as much as the rest of us and definitely needed naps after all of that food!

Friday after the ladies did there usual Black Friday shopping we decided to take the kids out to the park to run off all of that energy they always have.  After playing for about an hour I convince an almost 4 year old and a two year old that it would be a great idea to pose for pictures...
 

At first things didn't work out so well - mainly because they were fighting over who got to hold the big stick...

But eventually I got one to smile and one to at least look up even though she was too distracted by a lady with dogs to actually look at me.

I am sure I have mentioned it before but my mom is a Kindergarten teacher and well that really comes in handy when entertaining two little people.  Granny came very prepared to teach all about Thanksgiving and had plenty of crafts ready to go.  These two got to make Indian necklaces and headbands and even had an impromptu jamming session on some drums. 
 

See the perks of having a Kindergarten teacher as a mom... she is always prepared to entertain.  Though I think she needed to sleep for a week after entertaining for three days straight!

We ended every night that the family was here curling up on the couch and watching movies which the kids really loved.

They however did not enjoy that I tried to take pictures while they were doing this.  Oh well at least they are both in the picture. 
 It was great having the family here for a few days and can't wait to see everyone again... looks like we will try to head to Arkansas sometime in the Spring and take over my brother's house this time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment