Monday, February 23

The Blog is now PRETTY!

Well it took me quite awhile to figure out, but I finally have done it and really customized this blog. So now I can really make a blog post!

So this weekend was one of doing the usual weekend stuff of running errands and cleaning up around the house. We got new furniture last week, so we had to do some rearranging in our office in order to fit the old love seat in there. Here are some pictures of the new furniture!


Here is the love seat... and yes it has 2 recliners... a must for Keith


Here is the Sofa which has a pull out bed... most of the time its mainly just a junk collector unless we have company.

Here is the section piece, though right now we don't have room for it, so I had to just sit it in the corner :(


Basically the house was a disaster with junk from the office all over the place, the computer unplugged and wires just floating around! So I took the time on Saturday and tried to do as much organizing in there as possible...

As you can see, Saban now thinks the computer desk is his personal jungle gym!


Unfortunately after awhile I just gave up and I still have the bookshelf to take care of (that has been an ongoing process since the day we moved in!). I took a picture of the nonsense, but decided my disaster would probably be better not shown!

Saturday night we went to a wonderful Italian place called Mario's! We had passed by it around Christmas and the place was packed, so we finally decided to try it. We were beyond impressed. You could just tell that everything was homemade! I had a sampler plate which had Manicotti, and Veal and Spinach Cannelloni, an artichoke ravioli, and a lobster ravioli! It was wonderful! Of course I couldn't pass up the handmade Tiramisu, which was just great!

Sunday of course we went to church. The church we have joined since we moved here is Our Saviour's Lutheran Church. http://www.oslutherantyler.org/ It reminds me so much of my church in Lafayette and the people there have just been so friendly and have welcomed us with open arms! There are not many young couples there, but we have made friends with one, Karin and Blaine, and have been to dinner with them before and had a great time! I have also joined a bible study on Thursday nights at the church. We are currently studying the book of Romans and I have really enjoyed it. The leader, Barry Parrington, has been leading Bible Studies for over 30 years and you can really tell. He knows so much about the bible and always has a reference to another chapter which I love. We are taking a break from the study until after Lent as our church has Wednesday night services which I think I will start attending. Maybe I can even get Keith to come with me.

Last night I decided that I was going to make Chicken Parmigiano. I figured I have watched enough Food Network to branch out, and I was definitely right! Keith said it was wonderful and to get that from him is rather hard. I wish I would have taken a picture just to show my masterpeice! We are trying to eat healthier, so I served it without pasta, but it really was just a treat for us. I have really been trying to expand my culinary skills, and have been trying to use a lot more fresh cheeses and have been grating them myself. I really love to cook, so I figure the more I practice and the more receipes I try the better I can become!

Well that is it for now. I really have enjoyed doing this! HaHa! Now I must go get myself ready and get over to the gym! Only way to stay in shape is to get my butt over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment