Monday, February 23

A GREAT day at the gym!

I had a big accomplishment at the gym today that I just had to share!

I have been working on trying to increase my endurance in order to be able to start running long distances for about 4 months now and just have never been able to make to much progress. Well today, was a different story! For the first time after 4 months of training I finally hit that 1 mile marker! It was a VERY slow mile, 12 1/2 minutes to be exact, but that doesn't matter, I DID IT!


I bought these shoes awhile back (well except with green instead of pink) and they have really helped my running and with them I am yet to have shin splints which I used to have really big problems with.


My brother who is a physical therapist has also told me to really stretch my caves before and after which I have noticed really helps so I have really been trying to do that. Later this week I will try to run at least 1.25 miles and if I am feeling really good maybe I will make 1.5!

Tomorrow I am lucky enough to have the day off for MARDI GRAS! That is one of the benefits of working on a program stationed in Louisiana. My boss said it was pretty bare in the office today... Mardi Gras is probably bigger than Christmas in that office! I have an eye doctor's appt tomorrow morning which should be interesting. I am hoping my eyes haven't gotten too bad since my last appointment 2 years ago.

Will probably blog more tomorrow since I really won't have anything else to do... maybe I will tackle that bookshelf!

Oh also need to throw in a prayer request for my Aunt Linda. She is going through chemo treatments for a brain tumor that they caught about 6 months ago. The tumor is better, but the chemo is really hard on her. So if you are reading this, please pray for her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment