Tuesday, February 24

A day that is ending with SPRINKLES CUPCAKES!

Happy Mardi Gras to all! I know all my friends in LA are enjoying the festivities but personally all I really want right now is a Meche's King Cake. MMMM!That is definitely the one thing I will always remember about growing up in Lafayette during Mardi Gras... only people from Lafayette really understand it though!

Today I had an eye doctor's appt to get a new prescription for my contacts. I was lucky enough to find a great doctor here, Dr. James Deaton. He spent about an hour with me, asking all kinds of questions concerning how I enjoy wearing contacts and if I have any problems. Since I have been working at home for the past 9 months, I wear my glasses a lot more than I used to, so when I wear contacts it is not fun. My eyes do not enjoy them so I almost am to the point where I dread wearing them. Dr. Deaton did a thorough exam and has decided to order me a different type of contact than what I am currently wearing. He feels it may be lighter on my eye and not cause me as many problems. We will keep our fingers crossed! I was lucky enough to not have too much of a change in my prescription, actually my eyes seemed to have improved!!!

I did a little shopping after my appt and got 2 new shirts at Ann Taylor Loft and a swimsuit cover-up from Old Navy.

Had a great workout at the gym today. I started going to a spinning class on Tuesday's at 12 and I am really enjoying it. The class is actually 30 minutes of spinning and then 30 minutes of foam rolling, but I normally don't get to stay for the second half, but today I did. Foam Rolling is just insane! It hurts so bad while you are doing it but after you just feel great. Here is a video that I found that demonstrates it.







Basically it is like you are doing a deep tissue massage on yourself. I think next time I will just stick with having a professional massage!

As Keith has been working so much lately, I decided to make a little treat for him for when he comes home tonight. My boss had bought me a container of Sprinkles Cupcake mix (yes like the Sprinkles Cupcakes that the stars all eat!) for Christmas and I finally decided to make them. I didn't take any pictures of the HUGE mess I made while trying to make them, but here are some pictures from after. I now understand the real use of that awesome Kitchen-Aid mixer that I have always wanted but never got... I could have really used it today!


Well I think that is it for now... gotta go get dinner started... It's vegetable soup and Grilled cheese sandwich night around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment