Monday, March 2

Eggs In A Basket...

Had a pretty good weekend over here in East Texas... basically just a normal errand running, church going, relaxing Saturday and Sunday.


Since I knew we were going to head to the gym Saturday morning, I decided to be a nice wife and whip up some eggs in a basket. If you have never had these before, they are so easy to make! Basically it is just a fried egg with toast, except you cook the egg inside the bread...First use either a cookie cutter or a glass (I had to use a wine glass as it is the only glass I have that was small enough to fit the bread) to cut out the middle of a piece of bread.

Next you place the bread on a flap top griddle and crack the egg inside of each piece.

Keith likes his eggs Over Easy so I really have to watch them to make sure that I don't over cook them, but I think I finally have it down. I just flip them once after about 4 minutes then let them go about another 2 on the other side. Then Voila! Eggs in a Basket!

After our great breakfast, we headed to the gym where I finally completed 1.5 miles! I was just so proud of myself as I don't think I have ever ran that much! Really helped to pump me up about trying to run a 5K in May!

The rest of the weekend was pretty slow. Keith cooked steaks out on the grill in the freezing cold Saturday night, and they were wonderful! I wish I would have gotten a picture of him cooking, but then I would have probably had to listen to the "stop taking my picture to put on your blog talk" haha!

Sunday I went to church by myself as Keith had some work to do around the house. Our main Pastor was out of town visiting his daughter in Florida so our Asst Pastor did the sermon. His main talking point was about Temptation and how some people can just let it take over there lives. He threw in some pop culture references mentioning Michael Phelps and A-Rod and how they let temptation overcome them and I had to give him some props on that! Not many 75 year old Pastor's are going to be throwing in those kinds of references!

We had errands to run Sunday afternoon and we ended up buying a new rug as they were having a rug and art show by the mall. Here is a picture of it... (this is the 2nd one we bought... we brought the first one home and the second Keith laid it down... I HATED IT!)

We are hoping to get some navy pillows to put on the couches... I want to bring out the navy in my pictures I have behind the couch... Hopefully it will look ok!

I also decided to buy a new Bible this weekend. I have really been trying to strengthen my faith lately and since our Bible Study is on hiatus until April, I decided this was the perfect time to start doing a little reading on my own. I decided on the Women's Devotional Bible as I had read about it on a few other Blogs, and I did a little reading last night and am very pleased with my purchase. Not only do they have over 300 devotionals, they have about 10 different reading plans in the back of the book focusing from reading the bible in 365 days to where to go in the bible for different things that are happening in your life (i.e. When you need Direction - Psalm 32:1-11). I will post more about how it's going when I am a few more weeks into it.

I have a recipe to post too, but this post is getting a little too long, I'll add it later!

No comments:

Post a Comment