Thursday, February 26

Blog Makeover!

As you can see I did a little bit of a blog makeover this afternoon... I really wish there were more headers on cutestblogontheblock.com, but I guess beggers can't be choosers! Guess this will work for now until I get bored with it again.

Not much to write about over here today. Had a great day at the gym and ran 1.25 miles today! I have to say that I am proud of myself as I never thought I would even hit that mile and now look at me... going to try for 1.5 on Saturday.

Did get some sucky news today and it looks like I will no longer be employed as of May 1. In a way, I can not be more excited as I am so ready to be out of this job. I am bored with it and tired of working from home. I can't wait to be out there interacting with the world again! In other ways, it sucks! I know I am never going to be able to find a job here in East Texas that can pay me what I am making, especially in this economy. I have met some wonderful people while doing this job and I hate to not have to interact with them anymore (even if it is just through email)! So the job hunt is really on now! Anyone out in East Texas world that happens to run across this blog... want to employ me???

I hate the job search process... I know I am capable of doing all of the jobs that I apply for, but you never know what the person reading that resume on the other end is really thinking. Most of the jobs I have applied for so far are jobs with the State of Texas and all resumes have to go through Austin, so you can't even try and get in with someone here! I just wish I could bring my resume to someone at a job I want and they can say YOU'RE HIRED! Ugh but only time will tell... I just have to pray about it and I know when the time is right, what I need will come to me.

So we wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment