Monday, March 30

Katie's Wedding and Mom in the Hospital

Well we are back from our short trip to Louisiana and it was great! On Friday I was lucky enough to go to my friend Katie's wedding and it was wonderful. Nice and laid back just like her! Here are some pictures...
The Happy New Couple!
Me and the Bride
Me and one of my best friends, John (he was an usher in our wedding)
Me and the Hubs
Unfortunately right before the wedding we did receive some awful news. My mom had a mini-stroke (as the doctor's called it) and has been hospitalized since Friday. As I write this she is actually getting released (YEAH!). She was telling a story to her kindergartners when she she started feeling dizzy, the words on the page went blurry, and her right arm started going numb. Luckily after the doctor's ran lots of test, they have been unable to find any damage from the stroke, but they did find 2 aneurysms (luckily the are VERY small). She will have to be on medication for who knows how long, and she will have to continue to see a neurologists to watch the aneurysms to make sure that they do not grow large enough to cause any problems. The doctor's are not worried about them now (which I am not sure makes me glad or worries me that something could happen at any time). But please do pray for her as this will most likely be a ongoing thing she will have to deal with!
Last night we had our first Gourmet Group! It was so much fun and the food was wonderful! We had Lemon Thyme Goat Cheese, a Spinach and Blueberry salad, Herb-crusted Beef Tenderloin, Orange-Glazed Asparagus, Pepper and Pine Nut Rice, and a Chocolate Raspberry Torte. All was aboslutely wonderful and the company was great too! I can't wait for our next one in May! Luckily one of the ladies is also working on finding me a job... so hopefully between myself and her I can find something!

No comments:

Post a Comment