Monday, March 23

Oh Hobby Lobby... How I Love Thee!

So I am yet to express my dear love for Hobby Lobby. But yes... I love it and I am slightly obsessed. When we first moved to Tyler and needed some decor for them home, I think I spent at least 500 bucks there... yes, it is ridiculous! Oh and at Christmas time, we bought at least 250 bucks of Christmas decor. Now I never buy anything there at full price, always 50% off, so double those amounts and that is what I would have spent. Now why Hobby Lobby doesn't just cut their prices in half, as I seriously don't know anyone that does buy at full price, I just don't know!

Well I had to take a break for awhile from Hobby Lobby, but we had received a gift card for Christmas, so I figured it was time to go and spend it. So off we went on Saturday afternoon, and we probably spent at least an hour there! So here is what I purchased... 104 dollars worth of stuff at 50% off... so 52 bucks... with a 30 dollar gift card... got 6 things for $22... Wonderful!
Also, Hobby Lobby has the Wilton Cake Classes and I have been eyeing them for the past 9 months... so I have finally decided to sign up for Class 1 and it starts April 6th! So excited! I will definitely share about it once the classes start.

I have also become very fond of cooking with fresh herbs lately thanks to all of my Food Network watching. So yesterday, off we went to Lowe's to make a small herb garden and to add a little decoration to the front of our house (saying the people that lived here before us destroyed the bushes in front of our door).
So there is our new little garden. I now have fresh cilantro, sweet basil, mint, rosemary, Greek oregano, and sage. I can't wait to use them in my cooking! I tried to find purple and gold flowers for accent, but they didn't seem to have them, so I had to go with a pinkish-purple flower and a orange-gold one.

Other than those 2 outings, the rest of our weekend was very uneventful. Just church and some grocery shopping. I am trying to do my best to clip coupons and search for the sales, and I saved 25 dollars between Wal-mart and Brookshire's. Not bad for my first try!

No comments:

Post a Comment