Friday, April 3

Grilled Salmon with Spinach with Tomatoes

For dinner the other night I had leftover spinach from the salad I had to make for our Gourmet Group and some frozen salmon (I prefer fresh but it's what I had) so I decided to do some searching and here is what I came up with.

Grilled Salmon

3 Garlic Cloves (chopped fine)
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt
Pepper
Cajun Seasoning (we use Tony's)
3 Salmon fillets

In Ziploc bag, combine marinade ingredients and place salmon in bag for 1 hour. Once fully marinaded grill about 4-5 minutes per side.

Spinach with Tomatoes

1 bag fresh baby spinach
1 tomato (chopped)
1 large garlic clove (chopped fine)
1/4 red onion (diced)
2 tablespoons chicken broth
olive oil
Parmigiana cheese

Warm olive oil in pan. Add garlic and onion and saute until soft. Add spinach and cover until starting to wilt. Add chicken broth and cook until all spinach has wilted down until about 1/3 amount. Add tomato and continue to cook until tomato has softened. Grate cheese over spinach and tomatoes and serve.

We really enjoyed this even though it was just thrown together with what I had on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment