Monday, April 20

Just a Relaxing Weekend...

We had a great weekend here in East Texas... not much going on and not much to do around the house. Personally that is a great weekend!

Friday we were lucky enough to meet a few new people thanks to a co-worker of Keith's. We went over to his house and just had a good time relaxing and spending time with new friends.

Saturday it was time for Saban's annual visit to the vet. Man I wish I would have had a camera for this experience! Not only was it storming when it was time to get out of the car, but there were 3 other dogs waiting in the office for their turn. Now our cat as I have said before... is NOT normal. He believes that if you can not see his head, then you can't see the rest of his body. Well this proved true to him once again during this visit. You see, we do not bring Saban to the vet in a carrier as he feels safer in Keith's arms, so as Keith was holding him, he found a little spot to put his head in between Keith's upper arm and forearm and just sat there for his 30 minute wait. In his mind, those crazy dogs could not see him and he was perfectly safe from their attacks. Luckily he was great for the doctor and was sent on with a clean bill of health! Poor little guy did have to get 3 shots and was ridiculously sluggish yesterday, but seems to be much better this morning.

Sunday consisted of a trip to church and this...
Keith playing golf while I drove around in the golf cart. I wish I could have taken a picture of myself though... I had my legs kicked up on the cart with a magazine and just enjoying the day. Unfortunately about 15 minutes after this picture was taken and I had really gotten comfortable, the wind picked up to about 30 miles an hour and the sun went away and I froze... and we were only on hole 5! So for the next 13 holes, instead of kicking back and enjoying the day, I was in a little ball trying to get my shorts to cover as much as possible and being very thankful I had decided to wear tennis shoes instead of flip flops and that I brought a jacket. But it was still a nice day and I enjoyed the time with Keith in the outdoors... he even let me take a few swings... yeah golf is not ever going to be my sport!

But now it is Monday, and we are now T-minus 11 days until I am officially unemployed! Still no hits in the job search department but oh well, just still praying about it and I know whatever is supposed to happen will happen and it will happen with time. So, if you are reading this, say a little prayer for me especially for my patience in this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment