Wednesday, April 29

Update...

So a lot has happened since my post this morning... First off, the phone interview went wonderful! So wonderful I actually just got back from a 2nd interview! I should know either sometime this afternoon or tomorrow if I got the job, but I am feeling REALLY good about it. Now this is only a part-time job, just to really keep me busy while I continue to look or until something full-time comes available. I have to laugh at the fact that I could possibly be a Bank Teller by Monday, especially since I have a college degree and 3 years of experience, 1 1/2 of those are in management. But with the economy the way it is and the fact that there is not much of a job market here in Tyler, I have to take what I can get... plus there are great advancement opportunities within the bank. What makes this bank even better is THEY AREN'T OPEN ON SATURDAYS! Seriously how great is that!!! I have to get my foot in the door somewhere in order to move up, so why not? I am lucky enough that Keith can support us while I do make this career change.

What else happened today you ask... well I received a contract extension on my current job until June 11th. It would probably only be to work about 5-10 hours a week on a lawsuit that is going on, but it would give me a little bit more funding which would be nice. I haven't said yes just yet as I am not 100% sure I want to work on a lawsuit and take that risk of being called in about it, but as it is a legal matter I have to legally help in anyway I can and at least this way I can get paid for it.

So that has been my day... along with laundry and thinking about how I need to do some cleaning around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment