Wednesday, April 8

What A Beautiful Day...

I just had to take advantage of it this morning and go out for a jog. 2.15 miles... not bad. I have to thank www.mapmyrun.com for doing the measurements. It was 65 with a slight wind and beautiful sun when I went... now its about 78 still breezy and still VERY sunny. It is just gorgeous here in East Texas!

That is definitely one thing that I have loved since we moved here... I never knew what 4 seasons were until we moved here. My previous residences of South Texas and South Louisiana are 1 1/2 seasons... Summer and maybe a week or 2 of winter! Add in the 100% humidity about 360 days of the year and it's not the nicest weather. Though living there for 24 of my years I never thought I would say that... but back then I didn't know what I was missing!

Tomorrow night is the first night of my cake decorating class and I CAN'T WAIT! I am so excited about learning how to correctly ice a cake and how to make the little flowers. Next I will have to learn how to bake a really good cake from scratch. Any recipe suggestions? I have made cupcakes from scratch once now, but I am yet to attempt a cake... guess that will probably be coming early next week. Oh and we get to learn how to make butter cream icing! MMMMM! More to come about the class, and hopefully some pictures of my creations!

We are off to my parents right after class tomorrow (hopefully barring no work emergencies for Keith) to enjoy the Easter weekend! I can't wait to go shopping with my mom and Keith and my dad are going to try and get in 2 rounds of golf. We always have a great time when we go to my parents, and we both get to do what we want this way! Plus there is always good food to be had in Houston! I mean there are like 4,000 restaurants there! I wonder where I should convince them to take me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment