Tuesday, April 7

What I have learned...

On March 29th, we marked 18 months of marriage... and even though I am about a week late and 18 months may not seem like a long time, I thought I would share with you the few things I have learned over those months.

1. No matter if you don't think you will ever need them, register for more towels that you could ever possibly need in life. This includes both kitchen towels and regular bath towels. You seriously would think that we ate them by how quickly we go through them.
2. Even if you are not an avid drinker always keep beer and wine in your house. One day, one of you or even both is going to need them after a long day of work. This is even more true now that we live in a dry county and can't exactly run out to the gas station to buy beer.
3. Men can wear more clothes in one day than some people wear in a week. I never thought I would see someone change as much as Keith does. In one day I have seen him in shorts and a t-shirt, cover-alls for work, in jeans and a t-shirt, and then back in a different pair of shorts and a t-shirt.
4. Once you are married, men really do forget how to do much for themselves. When I was gone for a week with my parents, I came home to more laundry than I have ever seen (see number 3) and none of it was mine.
5. It will make your life much better if you just do the laundry for both of you. As much as you wish that he would notice that his clothes are piling up, he is not going to, and it will help you to keep your sanity if you just do it.
6. Let him be honest if he doesn't like what you cook. That is all I have to say about that.
7. Men are in charge of the remote... end of story. You will never get control of it unless he is not at home. I still see this in my parents 35+ years of marriage.
8. The house will never be 100% clean... oh god I can't imagine what it will be like when we bring kids into this world.
9. You must have only one person in charge of the finances. It is too complicated for both of you to be dealing with that. He knows I'm in charge of the bills and we must be in agreeance for money spent over 100 dollars. This just really makes life so much better.
10. If we are going somewhere in one car... I'm just going to let him drive. It is just the smart thing to do.

So I hope you have enjoyed what I have learned during marriage. But really the number one thing I have learned is that I love my husband and we have a great relationship and I really don't know what I would do without him!

Now back to the laundry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment