Friday, May 1

Wilton Cake 3!!!

I have enjoyed my cake class so much and was kind of sad about it being the last one! But don't worry, I will be attending Class 2 hopefully in July since I can't take it next month and they are not offering in June... So eventually more pictures and cakes will be coming!

For my final cake, I decided on chocolate in honor of my boss. I asked for her suggestion and her favorite cake is a chocolate cake with white icing and even though she won't be able to eat it cause she is in Baton Rouge and I am here, I told her I would make it anyway and take pictures. So here is the recipe for the cake and for icing I will be using the class Wilton Buttercream.


Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake
Hershey's Kitchens


Ingredients:
2 c. sugar
1-3/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c. boiling water

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare two 9-inch round baking pans.
-Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
-Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
-Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
-Pour batter into prepared pans.
-Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
-Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
-Cool completely.



The cake right out of the oven!

All iced and ready for decorating!
As LSU themed as I can get using roses!! I mean is there any other color that goes as good with yellow as purple????

No comments:

Post a Comment