Friday, May 1

Show Us Where You Live Friday...

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is doing a virtual home tour and today was kitchen's and I decided to participate as the kitchen is my favorite part of the home as I love to cook and bake. We unfortunately live in a rental home as we are not sure how long we will end up living in Tyler, so I had to do my best in order to make the kitchen my own. If this was a home we bought oh how different it would be!

We will start with the main portion of the kitchen. This is looking in from the breakfast area.

As you can see, we have way to much clutter on the counter tops, but there just is not enough cabinent space for everything we have. It is small but it lets me do what needs to be done in the kitchen!

Here is our breakfast area. The table is a hand me down from Keith's parents, but it works perfect!
Here is my favorite thing in my kitchen/breakfast area. My Baker's Rack! My mom bought this for me when we moved here and I just love it. I love being able to display my accent peices to my dishes, and it also allows a little more storage space!!!
We have two sets of serving dishes. The set that goes with my everyday dishes which are done by Tracy Porter and is her Octavia Hill line (which has been discontinued which I discussed here). The second is a LA themed set, which I am still working on the peices too! It is hard to find as it is only sold in specialty sites or on the tabasco.com website.

Here is some artwork that is on our walls. I love the fleur de lis as you can tell... that's the LA in me!!
And here is a close-up of our dishes. The red one and the print are the Tracy Porter ones, the green accent plates I added and are from JC Penney's. They had to be added as I only bought 8 salad plates in the red and since they are discontinued and I have 12 of almost everything else, it really makes it a little difficult to serve 10 people salads!!! Next time I will know better!

And that is where we live... well more like where I live, Keith really only comes in to find food and doesn't spend nearly as much time in the kitchen as I do! Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

  1. Love the colors!thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baker's rack is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey just passing thru from kelly's corner! I see that you live in Tyler! And must be fairly new to the area? We are in Longview, but we lived in Tyler (Bullard) about 3 yrs ago! I've heard of BJ Services. My hubby worked for Potter Minton. Not sure if you are familiar with it. Just thought it was funny to "happen" upon your blog and that you lived so close to ME! I'm Krystal and you are more than welcome to visit our family blog! www.holtsrus.blogspot.com
    Love you kitchen by the way!

    So nice to "meet" you!
    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitchen - it is really pretty - I think you have done a great job making it your own!!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment!! Love your kitchen!! I see you live in Tyler!! I actually live in Hallsville. So not too far away and my husband is an engineer for halliburton. Thanks for sharing your kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your kitchen, it is so pretty!! Thanks for sharing with all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen could almost double for mine. Love the bakers rack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bakers rack, I am actually wanting one for my home (I just have no idea where I would put it LOL) Thank you for opening up your home!
    -Ash-

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you have done a great job making it beautiful. I remember when we were moving for places to place in the early years - the kitchen was always the hardest part to make feel like yours when you were renting. They are just too many things you can't change and that you don't get to take with you if you did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! I have a serving platter in that Tracy Porter pattern - I think it's so pretty. Great kitchen - rental and all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the baker's rack---so cute!

    Thanks for letting us look!

    www.lifeofashleylancaster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have some of those accent pieces from your everyday dish set. I KNOW it is discontinued!! My BIL broke my salt shaker and I can't find one to replace...so bummed!!! Atleast I know there is one other person who feels my pain. :)

    ReplyDelete