Monday, May 4

Jiminey Cricket

When I think of crickets, the little guy above is what I think of. Or those wonderful summer nights sitting outside enjoying the fresh air. Unfortunately now I have a new found memory of crickets. They have decided to take up shop in our back door.

Cricket's are not inside pets... they do not like the inside and when they are inside they like to let out a peircing scream constantly! Let's just say that it has not been pretty around here the past 2 nights! Keith has tried to get rid of that little bug about 5 times now, and he just seems to KEEP COMING BACK! I swear he can regenerate himself no matter how many times I see him on the bottom of a shoe!
Oh and what about that cat we have that is supposed to be a bug catcher and supposed to help out in situations like that... please! When I heard that little cricket singing his song at 5 AM Sunday morning... where was that bug catcher you ask??? Sprawled out on my pillow giving me the death look cause I ever so slightly shifted my body and interrupted his sleep! He is of no bug catching use around here.

So that is how we spent out weekend... fighting a 1 inch invader of my property! Oh the life here in East Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment