Monday, May 4

My First CVS Couponing Trip!

As I am sure many of you have read, CVS is one of the best places for a bargain shopper. As I am really starting to get into this couponing thing with all that spare time thanks to the job having been so slow and now my 1 week of unemployment before the part time job starts on the 12th, I decided to try it out today. Let's just say I was pretty impressed with myself!
So here is what I got and the breakdown...
Special K:
Regular Price $4.49
3/$10 price 3.34
Had $1 off coupon
PAID: $2.34

Frosted Flakes:
Regular Price $5.19
3/10 price 3.34 (*2 $6.64)
Had $1 off coupon
PAID: $5.64
Cereal:$10.00 and received $5 in Extra Care bucks so REALLY only paid $5!

Listerine Total Care:
Regular Price $6.49
CVS Price $3.49
Had $2 off coupon
PAID: $1.49 (That's almost 80% off!!!!)

Renu Contact Solution:
Regular Price: $8.99
CVS Price $7.99
Had $1 off coupon
PAID: $6.99 and received $2 in Extra Care bucks so REALLY only paid $4.99

Colgate Maxfresh Toothpaste:
Regular Price: $3.39
CVS Price $2.99 (*2) 5.98
Had $1 off 2 coupon
PAID: 4.98 and received $4 in Extra Care bucks so REALLY only paid $.98!
So my total after Coupons and discounts I paid $23.46 and received $11 in Extra Care bucks for my next purchase... If I had paid full price for each of the items, my total would have been $37.13 and no Free Money to spend on my next purchase! That is a 37% difference!
I have to say for my first try at CVS I did pretty good! Next time I hope to spend even less, but for 7 items that usually aren't too cheap, I must give myself a pat on the back!
You can read about other bloggers CVS shopping experiences here, here, and here! One day I will get that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment