Tuesday, July 28

Time to Share

So lately I have been doing a WHOLE lot of reading. First of all there is nothing on TV at night and Keith has been gone basically for the past 3 weeks so I don't have anyone to keep me company besides the cat and well he doesn't talk back and second of all, the bank has not been busy at all during the mornings and I have to find something to keep me busy or I might just die of pure boredom during those three hour shifts. I know my work life is really rough.

But anyway, back to the subject that I was actually talking about. So I have been reading and I just wanted to share some of the books that I have read in the past two weeks. Yes I read REALLY fast, faster than the normal person so I can get through a book pretty quick.

Ok so here we go...

First are these three books by Jen Lancaster. They are all memoirs and they all take place during different parts of her life. There is actually one more but I haven't gotten to it yet. Stupid library doesn't carry it which means that I actually have to go and buy it (I know who wants to make the trip all the way to Barnes and Noble. I mean geez it's on the other side of town)! Ok anyway, Jen Lancaster is hilarious! There is just something about her writing that cracks me up and keeps me interested during the entire book, well actually during three of her books. Great reads, very much recommended!


Don't know if any of you are as big of dorks as me and have ever watched the TV show Little House on the Prairie that was filmed back in like 1975, but I did, and sometimes still do when I really can't find anything to watch. I have read all of the books that the series was based on, and when I was looking for another book to read, I saw this one in the non-fiction section of the library, and since I am a huge sucker for a memoir, I just had to get it. Great book! Basically it is the life story of the girl that played Laura on the series and I couldn't believe half of the stuff that happened in her life. I mean heck, I didn't even know she dated Rob Lowe for like 8 years!

Lastly, is a series that 95% of reading humans have already read and I am just a little late to jump on the bandwagon, but oh well, I still have to share. I had seen the first five movies and decided instead of watching the movies again (for the like 400th time) I thought I would read the books. Plus Keith took the movies with him out on his job so that eventually we can go see the movie before it gets out of theaters and we have to wait another year for it to come out on dvd. I started the first one sometime last week and I am already on the 4th one. I am addicted and I am a dork. But I do have one complaint... seriously could the books stop getting longer. I mean geez the 5th one is almost 1000 pages, I can't believe kids that are like 8 years old can keep there attention on these books that long!
So I hope you all have enjoyed my review of the strangest combination of books around, but if you are as bored as me and need a good read, go and pick one of these up. I promise you will enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment