Monday, July 13

Weekend on the Lake

I had a few minutes before I have to head out to Vacation Bible School so I figured I would make a quick post about my weekend on the lake!

I was invited to my friend Laine's parent's house on Lake Conroe for the weekend for a little fun in the sun and some catching up with the girls. Laine and I have been friends since high school but live too far away now to see eachother on a daily basis, actually I hadn't seen her since her wedding last year :(! It was the perfect excuse to escape for the weekend and I couldn't wait! Our friend's April and Kathryn who live in Baton Rouge met us there.

The picture below is the lizard that was hanging out on the steps one morning while I was laying out... I just had to get a picture! I know I am a dork Here is the beautiful view that we had from the deck. It was just the perfect deck to lay out on and we spent practically the whole weekend on it. (I have the slight sun burn to prove it)
Here are April and Kathryn hanging out in the lake. After a few hours of laying out we just couldn't take the heat anymore and we just had to jump in. Luckily there were some floatation devices that we could sit on so we didn't actually have to swim around the whole time.
Here is April and I hanging out on the big floaties that we found. We didn't last to long on them cause it just got way to hot. We finally just said screw it and hung out in the lake.
It was such a great weekend and I wish I wouldn't have had to come home on Sunday. The rest of the girls were lucky enough to be able to stay until tomorrow.

Thanks Laine for a great weekend and hopefully we can do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment