Sunday, August 23

I am still alive... I promise!

Sorry for the no posting, but I have been so busy since my last post, it is not even funny!
The dinner party was a success and I have a few great recipes to share and I hope to get those up this afternoon. We really enjoyed the fellowship and the great meal and I can't wait to do it again soon! It was a bit stressful trying to get everything ready so that you make sure you have all of the parts of the meal nice and hot when it is time to serve, but it all worked out!

On Monday I started my new job at the UT Health Science Center that we are so lucky to have in our area! With five days down, I am still enjoying it immensly and I can't wait to see what each day holds for me. I am working with the teaching faculty of the school and they are all so incredibly nice. I have been put in charge of Physician Recruitment (you know showing potential candidates around the school), some hiring for our ambulatory clinics (we have three very large clinics in some of the surrounding towns and we run the student clinic at UT Tyler), and I will also be acting as backup if we have someone out of one of the main offices that supports the medical staff. Everyone I have met there is fabulous and so willing to help if you have questions and I am just so glad to be back in an office setting! I even have a nice big office (with a door, if you knew what my last office was like you would understand why this is so important) and I am working on the decorating of it and I hope to post pictures sometime next week!

Yesterday we had our Re-assembly Tea for the women's group I am in. I am actually in charge of our big fundraiser in December so I spent most of my time there begging people to volunteer to help. It was a really great afternoon and I got quite a few volunteers and am really excited to finish up the planning!
Here are a few pictures from the afternoon.
Noami running the Mah Jongg sign-up table.
Barbara (President and fellow LSU grad) and Gail (Programs Chair). Both of these ladies are professors at UT Tyler.
Myself and another member. This is probably while I was begging for her to help out with the Holiday Home Tour!
Well I hope everyone is having a great end of summer. School starts here in Tyler tomorrow so the stores are packed full of last minute shoppers so I plan on spending the rest of my day just hanging out. We are grilling hand made pizza's tonight on the grill and I am very excited about it. Just waiting on the pizza dough to rise now. Hoping to share that recipe too, hopefully if I get free time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment