Friday, June 18

Baby Shower and 28 Week Check-Up

Yesterday evening my co-workers threw a wonderful shower for me and baby Ella Kate. My boss was kind enough to host the shower at her beautiful log cabin (which I wish I would have gotten a picture of) and my friend Aubrey helped her to organize.

Here are just a few pictures from the event.
They felt that the bakers at Wal-Mart were a little confused about the gender of Ella Kate and may have thought that she was a boy.
They made me pose with the cake. Guess we could use this as my 28 week belly picture!
We played one game during the shower which was called the right/left game. Aubrey read a story and every time right or left was said we had to pass the baby bottles full of candy. It was a really cute game and we almost had a few fights over those bottles of candy! You know women and their sugar.
Cutting the cake... which was delicious! Luckily it was not multiple layers cause I am the worst cake cutter known to man!
My co-workers are wonderful and spoiled Ms. Ella Kate rotten! She has lots of aunties at the Health Center and they might be as excited about her arrival as we are!
And here I am with my wonderful hostesses, Barbara my boss on the left and Aubrey one of my closest friends on the right. They did such a great job with the shower! Thank ya'll so much!

This morning was also my 28 week check up with the doctor and my glucose screening. Personally I don't know what all of the fuss was about the drink you have to drink for the screening cause really it didn't taste that bad. Then again it could of been that they made me fast and didn't let me have anything to drink before that could have made it taste better! I will have the blood work back from that probably on Tuesday so be praying for a clean screening!
The doctor said everything sounded fine with the baby and my only restrictions now are no heavy lifting and no strenuous activity. I think I can handle that! I go back in 2 weeks (though really its about 2 1/2) for another ultrasound and a check up. I have officially started the 2 week rotation of appointments which just means things are getting closer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment