Wednesday, June 2

So what's been up??

I know I promised that I would start posting more frequently, but that didn't happen because the hard drive on our laptop crashed and things have just been crazy busy! Our computer will be ready within the next week so I hope to start being better. I really want to start posting more especially as the baby is arriving to document the rest of our stroll through preparation for baby, remodeling the new house, and our new life as parents. Plus I know the grandparents will love to have somewhere they can see the little one.

So let's start with baby...

We found out on April 23, 2010 the following about baby Underwood...
So yes, it is going to be all pink and pretty around this house! We had a feeling from day one that it would be a girl, but I know Keith was holding out that it could possibly be a boy. But no, girl all the way! We have decided to name her Ella Kate Underwood and are very ready for her arrival. Ok not really ready, but are anticipating!
Here are a few pictures from our 21 week ultrasound. Unfortunately she did not cooperate much so these were the best pictures that we could get.
Lots of leg! As ecpected with me and as her mother, the girl has some legs which has made it very difficult to predict an accurate due date. And let's just say those legs are strong! I have been feeling the little one since around week 17 which is a little early for first pregnancy but with legs like that the doctor is not surprised!
And here are her feet! Both Keith and I have very long and lean feet so it's not surprising the clearest picture shewould give us was of her big old toddler size foot! As my mom said I was all fingers and toes and it looks like little Ella Kate is taking right after her momma!
So those pictures were from 5 weeks ago, so what has been going on with the pregnancy since then? Well at 25 weeks, I was admitted to Labor and Delivery for an unexpected bleed and spent 2 days in the hospital on IV and monitors. The doctor's have concern for premature labor and have also been watching me for placental abruption. I have received a round of steriod shots in case of premature labor but it looks like Ella Kate has no thoughts of coming out early. She spent those two days in the hospital trying to move away from monitors and kicking and punching as normal. There has been no contractions and no dialation which is blessing! I was placed on bedrest upon leaving the hospital and have been laid up for the past 8 days. We have made it to 26 weeks and 1 day and are just taking it one day at a time and doing our best to make sure she stays in there and we don't have any further scares. I go back to the doctor on June 3rd and we will see what the next orders are from the doctor. I am hoping to go back to work at least half days starting next week, but I will be a good patient and do as he says! Mom has been here waiting on me hand and foot and I have been doing a bit of nesting through her which has been nice. I think I have gotten more things organized from the couch than since we moved in 3 months ago!
So what has been up with the house...
Well we have new floors, some new walls, new paint, and yet so much work to still do before Ella Kate's arrival that I don't even want to think about it. Keith and his dad have been hard at work and are doing their best to get as much done as possible each time his dad visits and I know it will all get done eventually! Our entry and hall are almost complete (just need 1 more coat of paint and decor) and the living room just needs the new door and a few finishing touches of molding and or course decor. Our bedroom is all done but we have plans to add some built ins to our closet to make the most of the space. Keith is currently putting all other projects on hold though to finish the little miss's room to make sure all is ready in case of early arrival.
Well that is where we stand as of today... I am sure there is so much more in our future and I will try to keep it updated!
Also prayers please for my friend Carrie... you can visit her blog here and read about her story. She is definitely an inspiration and a beautiful writer and I am blessed to know her!

No comments:

Post a Comment