Tuesday, January 18

The Stomach Flu of 2011 and Ella's First Trip to LA

Well on Wednesday night, Ella came down with her very first sickness. Unfortunately it was the stomach flu and it was not pretty! I am pretty sure I will never forget Keith calling from the living room as I was making dinner saying she threw up and then walking in the living room to see both him and her covered head to toe! It is amazing what can come out of such a little person!

Of course the great stomach flu of 2011 hit the day before we were supposed to make our very first trip to Louisiana as a family of 3. We contemplated not making the trip, but decided Thursday evening that we would suck it up and head out. So we hit the road and made it to Lafayette about 10 pm. Of course after an uneventful ride to Lafayette you would know that I woke up Friday morning with the BUG!

So needless to say our 3 day trip to Louisiana contained a lot of this... and of course this...
It was not a fun few days but we did get to see a lot of family which was nice and it was so great for all of them to meet little miss Ella Kate. We did warn everyone before they entered that they were entering at their own risk and we have unfortunately had a few casualties along the way. Keith's dad, aunt, and cousin have all come down with it! Whoops!
As I have already shown over my last few posts, I am the worst photo documentor ever! I really wish I was better especially since Ella Kate came along but I am not, at least this trip I had an excuse!
Here are the few pictures I did take!
Ella Kate and Mrs Dottie. Mrs Dottie has just been waiting for the little miss to come and visit her. Sure hope she survives without the bug!

Sunday we drove back to Lafayette so Ella Kate could meet the Guillory family!
Olivier and Ella Kate (Olivier and Scarlett are the latest victims of the bug). Unfortunately she was a little grumpy when we got there but she tried really hard to take a picture!

It was a great trip to Louisiana but I sure wish we hadn't been sick the whole time! Maybe next time we will be able to stay healthy so that we can actually enjoy our visit and eat all of the good food! Do you even know what it is like to go to Louisiana and have to just eat bread for 2 days... no fun at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment