Friday, March 16

Houston Rodeo

This past weekend my brother, SIL, and Austin flew into Houston to spend some time with my parents so of course we had to drive down there to crash their visit.  This was the first time I had driven to Houston by myself with Ella in probably a year and luckily it was an extremely smooth trip both there and back. 

On Saturday we decided to brave the disgusting weather and go to the Houston Rodeo to see the livestock and exhibits.  
 
Our first stop of was the petting zoo while Miss Animal Lover adored!  Her and her daddy checked it out before we actually went in.
 
I was the lucky one who got to wade through the goat poop and actually take Ella Kate in while daddy stayed outside in the Poop Free zone and took pictures.  Can you see the smile on that face, she just loved those stinky goats!
 
Austin even decided to get in on the action once Ella gave him a brush to do a little grooming of the goats with.  Isn't he cute in his little cowboy gear... there was even a big belt buckle involved!
Of course so visit to a Rodeo/fair would be complete without checking out the wonderful food selection...
 
And boy did my little eater love it all!  Here she is double fisting a corn dog and a chicken quesadilla!  Her meal might have also included... french fries, nachos, funnel cake, and of course a Fried Oreo!  That last one might have been purchased cause of momma :)
My mom had gotten a great deal on tickets to the fair portion of the Rodeo and once the weather had finally cleared up we decided to go and use those tickets and play some games.
 
Ella and her daddy worked really hard to play the fishing game and even snagged themselves a fish which in turn won them a turtle!
 
 
Ella and her daddy were so proud of their accomplishment!  (unfortunately Mr. Turtle did not make it back from the fair... he committeed suicide and jumped into a muddy puddle while we were waiting on those fried oreos mentioned above... guess he knew that stuffed animals get zero playing time at this house)
Austin is very into Pirates right now and they had a ride that was perfect for him!  I have to say I am even more impressed with my camera right now saying this picture was taken as the ride was going full speed... look how clear!
 
 
Ella Kate even got in on riding a ride... she was extremely apprehensive at first but once that Merry Go Round started moving that girl was in HEAVEN!  The excitement on her face just makes my heart melt!
 
Austin wasn't impressed he had to wait until the next go round to ride, but I was amazed that I snapped this shot just as Ella was flying by in the background!
The rest of the family went to the actual Rodeo that afternoon but we decided EK would not be able to sit still the whole time so instead Laine paid us a visit before their big move to Scotland!  You can also thank Laine for all the recent blog updates... she got on me for not keeping up so she could see pictures of EK growing!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That is a good camera! What kind is it? I'm so glad i got to see you, Keith and Ella on your recent Houston trip. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete