Wednesday, March 14

Williams Tower

I am super  behind on posting but I have an excuse... the day after we came home from our last trip to Houston over Martin Luther King weekend I came down with the Flu (positive flu test and all) and have just been trying to play catch up.  I missed almost an entire week of work and things have just been crazy since!  So bare with me as I update...

Over MLK weekend, we went down to my parents to spend some time with them and also do a gift exchange with Ella Kate's Nanny and her boys.  Our first stop over the weekend - which ended up being a little chilly was Williams Tower.  Williams Tower is an office building that has this gorgeous waterfall.  We knew how much EK loves water so we figured we would take her by it...
 
 
We were right, she loved it!  The look on her face when she stood next to it was just priceless!  Unfortunately the rushing water and the winds got us all a little wet, but it was worth it just to see how much she was enjoying it!
While we were in Houston, so was half of the country it seemed!  It was not only the weekend of the Houston Marathon, but also the weekend of the USA Track and Field Maraton tryouts.  I have never seen so many runners in all my life!  After our trip to Williams Tower, we thought it would be neat to go by Discovery Green and see all of the Team USA hype!
 
Granny found Ella an American flag and she had a blast riding in her stroller and waving it.  Notice how my child doesn't have any shoes on???  We finally had to take them off after she kept losing them during our walk.  Luckily we noticed they were missing quickly so we didn't have to back-track too much.
 
It was really neat to see all of the Team USA stuff around Houston.  They even had a Nike tent set up where you could take pictures of you pretending to cross the finish line.  Everyone needs to pretend they are an athelete every once in awhile.
 
We of course had to let Ella play a little bit in the neat water fountains they had at Discovery Green.  She just loved touching the water and I can imagine what a great place this would be to bring your child to cool off during those hot Houston summer days!
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you blogged! Ella is super cute at the water fountain. How did I not know all this cool stuff was going on in my own city?

    ReplyDelete