Friday, March 6

Spring Cleaning has Begun!

Well now that I am finally feeling better I have decided that it is time for a little spring cleaning to start around this place. But I have to give a little shout out to Hyper Homemaker for really being the inspiration... oh I just wish I could be more like her!

I started today with washing all of my blankets, towels, sheets, etc from when I was sick to clean out the yuck around here. While those were washing I lysol'd the couches, the bed, and the bathrooms! Hopefully this will keep the flu bug from getting to Keith! Once those were all done, and I was pulling stuff out of the laundry I realized just how yuck the laundry room has gotten. All of that lint and dirt from Keith's work clothes really piles up and it just doesnt get cleaned like it should. So that is Room 1 of the spring clean!

Thanks to this post by Hyper Homemaker, I started with a little freshening up of the washing machine. I proceeded to then wipe down the washer and dryer with clorox wipes to clean off all of the yuck. Next I used the swiffer to try and get under the washing machine and dryer as much as possible (there isnt enough room to really move them out of the way) to pick up lint and nonsense that gets under there. I have pulled everything out of the laundry room now and just have to scrub down the floors... yes, this will be done on my hands and knees...and wipe down the doors and baseboards. Gotta get it as clean as possible! That is the point of the Spring Clean!

I really wish I could figure out a good way to clean out the lint trap on the dryer! I washed a blanket awhile back and it seems to have all gotten stuck on the lint trap and I just can't get the stupid thing clean!!!! UGH! Maybe a little more blog reading and I will find a way.

Hmm what room should I tackle next... I think I will go with the guest bedroom... my parents are stopping in next weekend on their way to my nephew's baptism and I am sure they would enjoy a spotless bedroom to sleep in!

No comments:

Post a Comment