Monday, April 27

More Frustrated Than Ever!

So, it is T-minus 5 days until I officially become unemployed! As much as I can not wait until the day that I no longer have to sit here on a computer all day to do absolutely nothing, I have become beyond frustrated with the job search. Seriously, I just got turned down from a PART-TIME job scheduling surgeries at the hospital. A job that only required a high school degree and absolutely no experience what so ever! So not only did I stoop down to applying for a job that I am well beyond qualified for just to get out of this house, I now feel even less adequate that I can't even get a freaking interview for it!

Now most people would say that would be because I am too qualified for the job and they don't want to put someone in the position that will probably just leave in a few months, I don't care! Someone give me an interview so that I can feel that my 4 years at LSU were not a complete waste... well except for the fact that I had a great time and met Keith there (but that's another post that probably will never get written)... Someone read my resume that actually makes a decision... someone freaking HIRE ME!

I have now officially been looking for a job here in the Tyler area for almost 10 months as even once I was told that I could stay on the program working from home, I continued to look. I have probably applied for well over 50 jobs, many of which I personally feel that I am 100% qualified for, but yet, not 1 interview in those 10 months, just a whole bunch of "thanks but no thanks emails." I am almost to the point where I don't even want to submit another resume! It is a good thing that Texas pays pretty decent unemployment cause it looks like I am going to be taking full advantage of those 18 months that Obama has approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment