Saturday, May 9

Just Another Day...

Well it is my last weekend unemployed and it looks like I will be spending it stuck in the bed... cause once again I am sick! Seriously can someone fix my health issues. I actually think I am fine now, but my lovely husband has confined me to the bed for the time being as I stupidly said "I felt fine while laying in the bed." So that is where I stay! Oh well at least I have a TV and internet in here, oh and did I mention I have a husband that is happily waiting on my hand and foot! Maybe I should just pretend to stay sick!

I had a get together for AAUW (American Association of University Women) on Thursday night and I forgot to talk about it. I have only been a member since January, but have really enjoyed the group and the women that I have met. It is really the only thing I am involved with here besides the church. I have done my best to get invovled quickly in the group and am actually the chair for the Holiday Home Tour and also for the Academic Spelling Bee! Guess it is a good thing I only took a part time job, both of those events are going to keep me really busy through the end of the year!

Our event on Thursday was a Salad Supper which honored our scholarship receipients. We give out 6 scholarships to the local highschools, junior college, and college here and it was really neat meeting the young women who received these scholarships. I actually had one at my table and she was great to speak with! We also did our induction ceremony and had some awards given out. I actually won a Women of Worth award for jumping in and getting involved so quickly which was neat! I wish I would have had some pictures but as usual I forgot my camera! I really have to get better at that!

Alright I am off to continue to lay in the confines of my bed... enjoy your weekends... and go do something fun for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment