Friday, May 8

Show Us Your House Friday - Living Room!

Well it is time for another edition of Show Us Where You Live Friday over at Kelly's Korner. I was not going to participate in this week's living room showcase A) because even though this is one of my favorite rooms to hang out in, it is one of my least favorite decorated rooms because our furniture is too big and when we got it, we were too lazy to rehang the art work to fit better with it B) because it is the room that is usually the catch all for all the junk and is usually way to messy to take pictures of and C) I wasn't really in the mood. Well yesterday just happened to be Living Room cleaning day over here so the room was clean, I got over the fact that it needs better decorating, and I had nothing else to do yesterday, so here is my Living Room to share with the blog world!!!!Here is the living room as you enter it. Our sofa is actually a sectional, but the room is not big enough for us to fit all of the peices, so the connector peice sits in a corner awaiting the day we have a hour big enough for it to join the sofa crowd. We got the rug at a sidewalk art and rug sale and we love it! The end table at the bottom of the table was actually made by Keith in his highschool shop class. I actually have a matching one of the other side that was made by his brother a few years after and he didn't want it, so now we have a matching set! As you can see, Saban is try to escape out of the door. Here is the room from behind the sofa's. We bought the TV stands at Target and I can't wait for the day we can buy a TV that isn't that large and I can buy the bottom peice to put it on. The container that is on the right stand, holds all of Keith's junk when he comes home. It was the best purchase I ever made! This way I the top of my cabinent is not covered in change, wallet, watch, keys and all of that nonsense that comes out of his pockets. Thank you Bed Bath and Beyond!Here is another picture of the TV stand area. That basket to the left holds the cat toys, and about 5 minutes after this picture was taken, all of those toys were back on my floor! The pictures above the TV stand are wedding pictures and a picture of my parents with the little guy. The pictures in the stand are a mix of wedding pictures, pictures of the nephew, and a picture from my friends wedding. One day there will be somewhere else for the electronics to go and I can get my other stand back for decorating!Here is a close-up of the right TV stand. The peices on top and the cross are from Hobby Lobby OF COURSE!!!
These pictures hang beind our sofa and are my favorite thing in the room. My dad got me these on one of his many trips to France, and I actually have two more that I am yet to frame. I really need to get on that!

Well that is our Living Room! I hope you enjoyed it. Please take the time to visit Kelly's Korner and check out all of the other living rooms over there!

2 comments: