Tuesday, August 11

My First...

On Saturday I am going to be hosting my first adult dinner party and I am very excited about it and also a little nervous. We have had plenty of people over for dinner before or over to watch games, but this is not going to be a pizza and beer dinner like those were. This will be an actual formal sit down dinner and that stresses me just a bit.

I spent the weekend making sure that we had everything we needed in regards to dishes, silverware, napkins, etc. I decided I wanted to buy a few new things so I took a little trip to Bed, Bath, and Beyond which, as you all know, never actually is a little trip... seriously you could get lost in that place. Well we ended up buying a new tablecloth in ivory that I love, some cloth napkins in a sage that matches perfectly with my dishes, and a new glass pitcher. I really wanted some plate chargers, but shockingly I couldn't find ANY at BBB. Luckily Wal-mart of all places came through and I found some great basket-weave chargers that I love. Once I actually have a chance to set the table, I will take some pictures for sharing.

Here is our menu for the party, which I am really excited about!

Baked Brie with Roasted Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Spinach and Bacon Salad
Chicken with Pesto Cream Sauce
Green Beans with Carmelized Onions and Almonds
Roasted Ricotta Roma Tomatoes
Rosemary Bread
White Chocolate Bread Pudding

I went with a sort of Italian theme and I am just hoping everything goes smoothly with the cooking. If I have a chance to take pictures of some of the dishes, I will share the recipes.

Now I am off to do more organizing around the house and I have a few more errands to run to prepare for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great week and look for pictures early next week from the dinner party!

No comments:

Post a Comment