Sunday, August 9

Show Us Your Life - Wedding Reception and Honeymoon!


Well I know I am a few days late, but we left right after I got off of work on Friday and headed to Shreveport for the night just to get away. Unfortunately I have no pictures from that little get away since I left my camera at home! I really have to stop doing that.

Anyway, over at Kelly's Korner on Friday, it was Show Us Your Life- Wedding Receptions and Honeymoons! We had a blast at our wedding reception and I would love to go back to it and enjoy it all again! We had our reception at River Oaks in Lafayette, LA and they were absolutely wonderful during the planning and the event. I would recommend them to anyone that is getting married in Lafayette.

Here are a few pictures from the day... Here we are toasting with the wedding party... This is after it took quite awhile to get the champagne open... it was such a pain!
I was serenaded by my BIL and his best friend. They know I am the biggest Heath Ledger fan ever and did a great rendition of Can't Take My Eyes Off of You by Frankie Valli. You know the one Heath sings in the grandstands. Oh how I love that part of the movie. Oh and I don't have a picture of it, but half way through Keith slide across the floor on his knees... Funniest Thing EVER!
Here is a picture with some of my friends from high school. Unfortunately we all live across the world so only a few of them were able to make it, but I was so glad that those that could did come!

Being the big kids that we are, we went to Disneyworld for our honeymoon and loved every minute of it! We just knew that we couldn't spend a week laying on the beach as we get bored to easily, so we decided that we wanted to go somewhere that would keep us busy but still have the time to relax. We decided to wait a few months to go after the wedding since Keith was in school. We headed to Disney January 8-13 and let me tell you it was the best time ever to go! We waited at max for maybe 15 minutes the entire time we were there and the temperature was just perfect... you could wear jeans and shortsleeves and be perfectly comfortable. When we go back we are definitely going at that same time.
Unfortunately we also booked our vacation the same week that LSU was playing in the National Championship. Luckily we were able to watch the game at the ESPN zone that they have and after barely getting sat 5 minutes before the game, we were able to enjoy the Tiger WIN!

We were definitely the cheesy tourist the whole time we were there. We figured if we were going to be at Disneyworld, we were going to enjoy every minute of it! I wish I had a picture of us wearing our Just Married buttons, those got us all kinds of free stuff! It was great!
We definitely stood in the lines to get our pictures taken with the characters! I think we have one with just about every character that was there, but this was one of our favorites. We actually have it us in our house... yeah we are dorks we know!
And to end our rememberance of our trip to Disney, I leave you with Keith trying to get the sword out of the stone at the Magic Kingdom... no luck... the sword is still there.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty wedding and certainly looks like a fun time at Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Mickey Mouse ears!
    My husband has been in my life for 20+ years and I still feel my heart skip a beat when he walks in the door.
    I pray that all you ladies have that feel for years to come.
    What a beautiful reception ~ your cake looks delicious.
    Your honeymoon looks like you had a fantastic time!
    You both look so happy!

    ReplyDelete