Wednesday, July 21

Trip to LA, Baby Shower, and 33 week check up

This past weekend we headed to Louisiana for what would be our last trip before Ella Kate's birth. I have officially been placed on no travel as I have hit 33 weeks!

We left on Thursday after work and made the 4 1/2 hour drive to Lafayette to stay with my friend Amy. It was almost 10:00 when we made it there so straight to bed we went.

Friday morning we went and visited Amy's family and this is what I was welcomed with:
You can't really read the cupcakes (which were funfetti which is my favorite) but it says "We Can't Wait for Ella Kate!" and yes the cupcakes were delicious but I tried to not eat to many!

After a short visit, we headed to Baton Rouge to eat lunch at Capital City Grill with my old co-workers from the Road Home, one of which is due 9 days before me. It was so great to see them and I hope to see them when Ella Kate and little Gianmario get to meet in a few months.
Here we are after lunch Diana, Me and Ella Kate, Caroline and Gianmario, Keri, and Krystal. Four of us shared very close quarters while we worked for the Road Home and I don't know how anyone got any work done with us around!
After we finished with lunch we headed to Covington to finish off our weekend. We went to one of my favorite restaurants, Zea's, on Friday night and if you are ever in New Orleans, Lafayette, or Covington near a Zea's I highly recommend eating there and get the corn grits! After dinner my good friend from highschool, Talia, who is an Ob/Gyn resident in New Orleans came up to Keith's parents to visit since she got stuck on call during the shower on Saturday. It was so great to see her since it has probably been almost 2 years!
Saturday was my baby shower which was just great! We had a really good turnout and Courtney, Eve, and Breanne did such a great job! Here are a few pictures:
The delicious cake! (Sorry it is sideways... I thought I fixed all the pictures!)
With my wonderful DZ friends! I am so glad they got to come in for the shower! April, Jordan, me, Kelly, and Alexis.
Courtney (hostess) and I. Courtney is due with baby #2 December 8th and she knows what it is and will not tell me! She is killing me! I am going with boy though I have secret hopes its a girl!
Courtney's diaper cake she made! She did such an awesome job with it. Oh to be creative!
Opening gifts! This little dress was made by an Amish woman and has a matching bonnet! So adorable! It was given to me by Keith's grandma
With the great-grandma's (Keith's dad's mom on left and Keith's mom's mom on right). They both have great grandson's so this will be the first great granddaughter!
Saturday night we stayed low key and just grilled hamburgers and hung out. I was ready to crash early and was probably in bed before 10!
Sunday morning we left pretty early since we had a 6 hour trip in front of us. We did make a pitstop in Lafayette though for brunch with Amy and her family and my friend Katie and her little boy Tanner. Katie and Tanner were in from California and I was so glad it worked out that we got to see eachother!
Katie, a very unhappy Tanner, and I at Blue Dog before it was time to hit the road for the last 4 1/2 hours. Though after eating all of that wonderful food I just wanted to go to bed!
It was such a great trip and it was so wonderful to see all of the family and friends that we got to see. Made me realize though that the next time we make that trip, there will be a baby in tow! So Crazy!
Today I had my 33 week check up (only 7 weeks to go!). My doctor was out of the office so it was just a quick check up with the nurse. I have officially hit the 30 lb mark (AHHH!) but they say that everything sounds and looks good and that I am still right on track. I go back in 2 weeks and then will start my weekly check ups from there. I can't believe it is getting so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment