Sunday, January 9

Ella's First Christmas - yes I am a little late

I am definitely a little late posting this, but Keith left on the 28th for North Dakota and just got back so things have been really busy around here while I played Single Mom. So here's a quick overview of how our Christmas was.

Almost the whole family was here for Ella's First Christmas. My parents (Granny and Popi), Keith's parents (Nona and Papa) and Uncle David (also known as Parrain as he is Ella's Godfather) were all here for the big event. It was wonderful having that many family members here to share the special occasion.

On Friday night we cooked a gumbo and then headed out to Christmas Eve service. We were a little worried how Ella would be as church started at 7 and that is normally when we feed her the last bottle of the day, followed by Pjs and bed, but she was an angel! She ate while we were in church and passed out before she even finished the bottle! It was great!

Here are just a few pictures from Christmas Eve
Us with our little First Christmas baby. Surprisingly she actually behaved for the few pictures we took!
Granny and Popi with their granddaughter. My parents had actually spent the beginning of the week in Arkansas with my brother, Jennifer, and Austin then stopped in on their way back. They had one long week of traveling.
Christmas morning we had no real plans, but we knew that we would be up pretty early since Ella Kate always wakes up by 7 and sure enough we were all up by then!
The tree with all the presents before we started opening. Yes, over half of those are for Ella.
The mantle! We made sure everyone had a stocking and Keith and I filled all of them. Stockings were always something my family did and I plan to continue that tradition. My brother and I would wake up ridiculously early (like 3 and 4 am) but we were not allowed to wake my parents until at least 5:30 so my mom always made sure to leave our stockings for us so that we could open them and keep ourselves occupied until it was time to wake the parents.
Someone was excited about Christmas! Ok really she had no clue what was going on, but I caught this picture of her and she just looks really excited!
Ella Kate surrounded by all of her gifts before we opened! She is definitely one blessed little girl. She got so many great things and we are still getting around to playing with all of them. Keith had said she didn't have enough toys, but that is definitely no longer true!
All the gifts after Keith and I sat and opened them! She got toys, movies, clothes, and of course necessities like formula and bottle nipples!
No matter where my dad goes, he always has his computer with him. Ella wanted to make sure and help Popi with his work on Christmas morning!
The whole Underwood family after we got cleaned up and all the presents were opened. Looks like Ella had her eye on something she wanted to play with and was trying to escape!
Our little family on our First Christmas as a family of three. We sure did enjoy sharing this experience with all of our family that was able to make it and I know Ella Kate loved having extra hands here to spoil her!
Now if I can just get the Christmas tree and all the decorations down! Maybe before the next holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment