Sunday, January 9

New Year's

Since Keith was out of town for New Years and I had 4 days off, I decided to brave it and take my first solo trip to Houston. Luckily I have the best car rider EVER and she was amazing the whole 3 1/2 hours down there and back.

We had no plans for New Year's Eve and actually I was ready for bed by 9:30. They say what you do New Year's Eve is what you will do all year - sleep - very appropriate for me!

New Year's Day mom and I had a little shopping planned but it was short lived due to the ridiculous crowds out there. It looked like Black Friday all over again! We met my dad for lunch after our short shopping trip. While we were at lunch, little Ella Kate learned something new.
We think she has begun teething (oh joy!) and she has really started chewing on things. Normally she enjoys her fingers, but while we were at lunch she learned how to hold her toy in her mouth and chew on it. Probably a good thing since she has been known to chomp down on her fingers a little too hard and erupt in a scream!

After lunch on New Year's I decided to take a trip out to Missouri City and visit Courtney, Brad, Easton, and Rowan. Ella loves to go and see her Nanny and family so of course I couldn't take a trip to Houston without a quick visit. We decided while I was there to try and get a quick picture of the newest Dicke grand kids.
Don't they look like they are already telling secrets! Those 2 are going to be the best of friends I just know it. I love that they are only 3 months apart! I can't wait until they are just a little bit older and they can really interact. Though I have a very bad feeling that Ella will probably try to be the boss!

Sunday we took a trip to church and then my old roommate from college, Megan, came by to meet the little one. Of course I am horrible with taking pictures so I forgot to even get my camera out during her visit. It was so great to see her and for her to meet Ella!
Monday of course I had to get back to Tyler and it was time for the weekend getaway to come to an end. It was a wonderful trip and it was great to learn that I could make the 3 1/2 hour trip without problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment