Sunday, June 3

Mommy and Ella Time

This past month Keith has been working non-stop so Ella and I have had a lot of weekends to ourselves.  Over the Memorial Day weekend, my parents were here, but they had to head back to Houston that Monday morning so I decided I would brave the heat and take Ella to the Splash Park at Faulkner Park.  Great idea in theory, not such a great idea in actuality.  You see, Momma didn't realize that there was NO SHADE in the entire park and she forgot to put sunscreen on herself (always remember the kid, always forget the momma).  When we arrived at the park and saw that there was no shade I thought well we won't be here that long, I will be fine... again wrong!  We stayed well over an hour and a half and my back and shoulders were burnt to a crisp!  Still praying not to peel since we have a wedding coming up next weekend!  Next time I will remember to make sure there is sunscreen on both of us!

Now on to the pictures!

Even though my initial thoughts was that Ella Kate was going to love the water portion of the park (she did, just took some warming up to it) she first decided that she would go and play on the playground and watch the other kids from a distance.

Of course she had to carry around her handy dandy Magna Doodle!  Pretty sure she carried that thing the entire hour and a half we were at the park!

Eventually though she decided to venture over to the water (Magna Doodle still in hand) and check out what all the other kids were doing.  The park was pretty packed that day, but there was still enough room for all of the kids to run around and it not seem overly crowded. 

I love this picture of her.  It looks like she is drawing what she is seeing!

Finally she decided to actually get in the water a little bit, but never did she put that stinkin Magna Doodle down!  It was like her security blanket that day.

We had a great little morning at the park - minus the sunburn - and we will definitely venture out to Faulkner Park again this summer... remember to cake on the sunscreen!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, her hair is so curly in the first picture! So stinkin adorable. I am glad Keith is finally back home for a bit.

    ReplyDelete